Sunday, August 4, 2013

India: You Smell Nice

After a few days here in India I've come to a few conclusions and one of them is that this place smells fantastic. The air is full of spices and curry and the scents of some of the best food I've ever eaten in my life. There have been a few nose-wrinkling Korea-worthy wretched smells that have entered my nostrils that have made us all look at each other like what on earth is that? but generally...it smells lovely. 

Right now we are lounging on our overnight houseboat talking of the memories we've already made and the ones we are going to make in the next few days. We've got two Indian guys driving the boat and making our meals while we watch the palm trees sway by and more than few times watch the women from the dilapidated houses along the canals do their washing in that coffee colored water. 

So far, India is nearly indescribably beautiful in its own unique way. It's different than any other place I've ever been and its people help give it that physical beauty that sets it so far apart. 

I will tell our story in much more detail in my next post after we get back home. Just know that I'm alive and having the time of my life in one of the most breathtakingly beautiful places I've ever seen...too bad my camera sucks. 






No comments:

Post a Comment