Sunday, April 7, 2013

Favorite Travel Photos

I decided that my blog definitely needed a bit of a revamp so here we are. I didn't change the layout too much, but I wanted something new to look at. I also changed the name of it from "Happy Travels" to "The Happy Traveler". It just fits better I think.

I thought that the way to start off on a good foot would be to showcase my favorite travel photos that I've taken over the years. First things first, I'm NOT a photographer. I have a $150 pocket-sized Nikon. I'm sure that if I had a decent camera I could take some stunning pictures of the places I visit, but I just don't want to schlep a huge paparazzi camera along with me. One of my absolute favorite pictures I've ever taken is the one above. It's from December 2010 in Vang Vieng, Laos. I took it from the window of where some friends were staying and the white and blue building on the left is the room that Al, Christa and I stayed in along the Nam Song river. I decided to put a favorite of my travel words of wisdom on it and I think it turned out pretty good! Pinterest worthy! Here are some more of my favorites:



Turks & Caicos, June 2008
Al carrying a tube to the river through a bamboo path, Vang Vieng, Laos, Christmas Day 2010
Ringing a gong in Kanonji, Japan, 2010

Turks & Caicos, June 2008



Al walking among some coconut palms, Phi Phi Don, Thailand, January 2011
Osaka, Japan, August 2010


Fundy National Park, New Brunswick, Canada, 2009

Storm rolling in, Bamboo Island, Thailand, January 2011


Longtail boats, Phi Phi Ley, Thailand, December 2010
Jinhae, South Korea, April 2012

Turks & Caicos, June 2008

Jungle path, Perhentian Besar, Malaysia, July 2012
Ritsurin Garden,Takamatsu, Japan, November 2010
Longtail boats, Phi Phi Ley, Thailand, January 2011

Rain on a banana leaf, Perhentian Besar, Malaysia, July 2012
On our way snorkeling, Phi Phi Ley, Thailand, December 2010

Rooster in the road, Kuala Besut, Malaysia, July 2012


Perhentian Besar, Malaysia, July 2012

One of the main streets of Vang Vieng, Laos, December 2010

Al clambering into a longtail, Phi Phi Don, Thailand, January 2011


One of my favorite photos, Nam Song River, Vang Vieng, Laos, December 2010

Seomyeon, Busan, South Korea, 2012


Jinhae, South Korea, April 2012

On a ferry to Shodoshima Island, Japan, Spring 2010


Rice paddy, Takamatsu, Japan, 2010


Cherry blossoms, Marugame, Japan, Spring 2011

These were just a handful of the gazillion pictures I love. Enjoy those and I hope you like the new look of the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment